Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 1

So the today is the day I decide to do it. I just announced my venture on Facebook and already I'm getting some feed back. Very exciting. The idea here is to document my T-shirt venture every step of the way. I will need to learn how to blog, design, market, sell, and well....everything else associated with starting a small retail business.

Just to clear things up. This is for fun. I have great job and career and as of right now and I plan to keep going with that. This T-shirt business is intended to be an artistic outlet. A way to express myself creatively while making a small business venture out of it. Some of this falls from the frustration of never being able find the "perfect" t-shirt or finding them and thinking "I could have done that."

One of my biggest goals is to post a blog every day for 365 days. With each post I would like to display some of my art work. I will be looking for feed back. I want the good and the bad. I can't grow as an artist if I don't know what I'm doing wrong. So be honest. I look forward to it.

In addition to my daily blog posts, I will also try and document the entire process of t-shirt design, production, marketing, and sales. This whole thing is going to be a learning experience for me. Please join me as I stumble through it. We can all have a nice big laugh at my expense.

Well I think that is enough information for now. I will leave you all with this attached image displaying something I am currently working on. It's a design contest for a semi local Roller Derby Team.

2 comments: